Allergic Reaction Diary and History to Track Reaction Details
Have your entire allergic reaction history at your fingertips—all details + a photo record—for your next allergist visit.
Each time you visit the allergist, whether it's your first visit or a follow-up visit, they want know the details of all the allergic reactions you've experienced prior to the visit — when and where they occurred, what you ate, what symptoms you experienced, how you managed the reaction. This is an essential part of the food allergy diagnosis process.
It can be hard to remember all the details about each allergic reaction, especially if it's your first time visiting an allergist, or you've had multiple reactions since your last allergist visit, or it's been a long time since your last visit.
The Allergy Force food allergy app offers two 'Free Forever' features called the Diary of Allergic Reactions and the History of Allergic Reaction. These features work in tandem, helping you keep an accurate record of every allergic reaction.
Your individual diary entries automatically save to create your reaction history, including a photo record of important symptoms, that you can share with your allergist by email or printout. So convenient!
Here's how the Allergic Reaction Diary works:
1. On the bottom of the Allergy Force app's Home Page, you will see three dots on the right. Tap the dots and you will land on the More Page.
2. Under the first section you encounter on the More Page, look for the square labeled 'Diary of Allergic Reactions' (1st column, 3rd row.)
Tap this square to access the Diary where you can record details of an allergic reaction. Note: Consider the More Page your 'Command Central' for accessing each of the app's features.
3. Log all the requested information into the Diary. The checklist format makes it easy as you scroll down the page!
Location during reaction Suspected food allergen
Mild & Severe symptoms
Add additional comments
4. Don't forget to take a picture of important symptoms like hives or facial swelling for a photo record you can share with your allergist.
5. Tap the Save Button at the bottom of the page to save your reaction data to your Allergic Reaction History.
The FREE Diary of Allergic Reactions feature is designed to work in tandem with the app's History of Allergic Reactions feature so your reaction details are always available to share with your allergist.
Here's how the Allergic Reaction History works:
1. Under the first section you encounter on the More Page, look for the square labeled 'History of Allergic Reactions' (3rd column, 3rd row.)
Tap this square to access the History where you can access the details for each allergic reaction you've logged in the Diary.
2. The details you logged in your most recent Diary entry will display at the top of the History of Allergic Reactions Page. Tap it to access the record.
3. Scroll down and review your diary entry. You will see options to email or print out the record at the bottom of the page.
Email the history to your allergist or to yourself for your allergist appointment. Or, print it out to bring with you to your appointment.
4. To email, choose 'EMAIL', then type in the recipient's email address, the patient's name, and the patient's birthday. Then tap Send.
Look for confirmation that the email was sent. Test out this feature by sending the email to yourself if you'd like.
5. To print out the allergic reaction record, choose 'print'. Type in the patient's name and birthday. Then tap the blue button labeled Print.
You will land on a print page you will need to configure for your printer set-up. Once you have selected your printer, tap Print at the top right of the page.
Taken together, these features — the Allergic Reaction Diary and History — are powerful tools to help you remember important allergy information and easily share it with your care providers.
"The Allergy Force food allergy app puts peace of mind in your pocket because you always have the data you need to make informed food allergy decisions at your fingertips."
—Gayle Rigione, CEO and Co-founder, Allergy Force
Get the App
The app offers Free Forever and Premium access. The Pharmacy Finder is a paid feature that is part of the Premium subscription. If you decide to upgrade, you can try out Premium during a 14-day, no commitment free trial. We want you to get to know us and trust us. We hope you'll come to love us.
…empowering you to live your best life with food allergies.
The purpose of the App User Guide series of posts is to educate the food allergy community about the Allergy Force food allergy app — what it can do, how it works, how to get the most out of it. We're committed to helping you live freely with food allergies — with less fear, less anxiety, more confidence — through technology and education. Our app is peace of mind in your pocket.