Hospital Finder for an Allergic Reaction
Sometimes, despite your best efforts to avoid your allergens, you collide with them out of the blue and you need to find the nearest hospital.
In addition to the many other emergency management features the Allergy Force app offers to help you safely navigate an allergic reaction (like 911 calling, like emergency contact notification with a map of your location, like a reaction response guide with your own doctor's instructions), the app also offers a Hospital Finder.
The Hospital Finder will help you find the nearest open Hospital/ER. You can call before you go, as well as get directions from your current location.
1. Tap the '+' symbol at the bottom of the 'Home Page' to expand the navigation bar. Tap 'Hospital' in the lower right corner.
2. You will land on a screen with a map that pinpoints the locations of the nearest emergency medical facilities.
Results are organized nearest Hospital/ER first.
Results spanning a body of water may need to be further refined by driving distance. Tap 'Driving Distance' in the upper right hand corner of the Hospital Finder screen to re-sort results by driving distance. Be patient for results to display.
3. You can tap 'Phone' to call the Hospital/ER before you go. Then Tap 'Directions' to get directions.
4. Set your mode of transportation, e.g., car, walking, then tap 'Go' and follow the directions to the emergency medical facility.
5. Note that best results will be delivered for locations where English is the common language.
Why get the Allergy Force app now for managing your food allergies?
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."
—Howard Ruff, best selling author and financial advisor
Get the App
The app offers Free Forever and Premium access. The Hospital Finder is a paid feature that is part of the Premium subscription. If you decide to upgrade, you can try out Premium during a 14-day, no commitment free trial. We want you to get to know us and trust us. We hope you'll come to love us.
…empowering you to live your best life with food allergies.
The purpose of the App User Guide series of posts is to educate the food allergy community about the Allergy Force food allergy app — what it can do, how it works, how to get the most out of it. We're committed to helping you live freely with food allergies — with less fear, less anxiety, more confidence — through technology and education. Our app is peace of mind in your pocket.