Sometimes, despite your best efforts to avoid your allergens, you make a misstep or you trust too much and you need to find a pharmacy. Fast.
In addition to the many other emergency management features the Allergy Force food allergy app offers to help you safely navigate allergic reactions (like 911 calling, like emergency contact notification with a map of your location, like a reaction response guide with your own doctor's instructions), the app also offers a Pharmacy Finder.
The Pharmacy Finder will help you find the nearest open pharmacy. You can call before you go, as well as get directions from your current location.
Demo of the Pharmacy Finder Feature
1. Tap the '+' symbol at the bottom of the 'Home Page' to expand the navigation bar. Tap 'Pharmacy' on the right side of options displayed.
2. Next you will land on a screen with a map that pinpoints the locations of the nearest pharmacy.
Results are organized nearest pharmacy first.
a body of water may need to be further refined by driving distance. Tap 'Driving Distance' in the upper right hand corner of the Pharmacy Finder screen to re-sort results by driving distance. Be patient for results to display.
3. You can tap 'Phone' to call the pharmacy before you go. Then Tap 'Directions' to get directions.
4. Set your mode of transportation, e.g., car, walking, then tap 'Go' and follow the directions to the pharmacy.
5. Note that best results will be delivered for locations where English is the common language.
(Remember—epinephrine should be your first line of defense for managing an allergic reaction. Epi first. Epi Fast.)
Why get the Allergy Force app now for managing your food allergies?
"When thirsty, it's too late to think about digging a well."
Get the App
The app offers Free Forever and Premium access. The Pharmacy Finder is a paid feature that is part of the Premium subscription. If you decide to upgrade, you can try out Premium during a 14-day, no commitment free trial. We want you to get to know us and trust us. We hope you'll come to love us.
…empowering you to live your best life with food allergies.
The purpose of the App User Guide series of posts is to educate the food allergy community about the Allergy Force food allergy app — what it can do, how it works, how to get the most out of it. We're committed to helping you live freely with food allergies — with less fear, less anxiety, more confidence — through technology and education. Our app is peace of mind in your pocket.